Physician Assistant (Orthopedic Surgery ) - Ochsner Main Campus
Employed by the clinic for the purposes of enhancing the nature and quality of care for acute and chronically ill pediatric, adult, and geriatric population. Works under the supervision of the Medical Director or approved staff physician and in association with the PCCs, staff nurses, and discharge coordinator in the planning, implementation and evaluation of medical and nursing care. Major areas of responsibility include: primary and urgent medical management, emergency stabilization of all critically ill patients, teaching of residents and medical students, staff development and education, patient education and discharge planning.
Demonstrates actions consistent with Ochsner's Expectations as duties are performed on a daily basis.
Education, Experience & Training:
For Physician Assistants:
- Bachelors Degree in Physician Assistant Medicine or Health Sciences or graduate of an Approved Physician Assistant Training Program (as appropriate for PAs)
- NCCPA Certified
- Current Louisiana State Licensure as a Physician Assistant
- BCLS/ACLS Current Certification as required
- 3 to 5 years related experience preferred
- Must be fully licensed and credentialed as outlined by the Medical Staff Office of Ochsner Health System.
- Physician Assistants must maintain NCCPA certification. Must be eligible for Louisiana Prescriptive Authority as outlined by the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.